Each day we issue Certificates of Origin, Free Sale or Manufacture and endorse other export documents so you and your business can trade internationally, with ease.
Register with our electronic certifying service today and complete your export documents online, 24hrs a day 7 days a week. We’ll then certify and return them to you electronically, during standard business hours (9am – 4.30pm, Mon – Fri).
Certifying can be arranged outside of these hours by prior arrangement and for those countries not yet accepting electronically certified documents, please refer to our wet stamping service.
CHINA NZ AND AANZ FREE TRADE AGREEMENT CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN
Issued electronically, these certificates of preference allow New Zealand exporters to benefit from preferential duties and clearance provisions under these free trade agreements;
Benefit from our Chamber’s extensive experience, resources and support.
MANUAL CERTIFICATION/ Wet-Stamping
‘Wet-Stamped’ certification refers to the physical stamping of a document.
This service is available for:
- Certificates of Free Sale or Manufacture
- Certificates of Origin and related export documents for exports to: Algeria, Bahrain*, Cuba, Egypt*, Ethiopia*, Guatemala*, Iraq*, Jordan*, Kuwait*, Lebanon, Oman, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey*, Yemen and UAE*.
* These countries are known to accept electronically certified documents without issue, so it is worth checking if a wet-stamp is required.
For all other countries please apply online using the electronic certifying service.
Certified documents may be collected or, on request, returned by overnight courier
- Hand delivery
Rotorua Business Chamber, 1192 Hinemoa Street, Rotorua, 3010. We’re open from 9 am – 4.30 pm, Monday – Friday. Please supply us with a file copy of each page to be certified.
A. DOWNLOAD REQUIRED TEMPLATE
- For further template forms or second pages, please contact the Rotorua Business Chamber: 07 346 3657
Please Note: This new template supersedes and replaces the current Certificate of New Zealand origin, Certificate of Foreign Origin and Certificate of Multiple Origin.
B. SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM TO US AT:
Rotorua Chamber of Commerce, 1192 Hinemoa Street, Rotorua 3010.
Documents certified while you wait. Please supply us with a file copy of each page to be certified.
The right documentation is a critical part of international trade facilitating the successful movement of goods and receipt of payment.
It is important to investigate the documentation required for your transaction as the type of documents varies depending on the country you are doing business with, their government & port agencies.
TALK TO US FIRST
EXPORTS TO EGYPT – NEW PROCEDURE MANDATORY FOR SEAFREIGHT FROM 1 OCTOBER 2021
- Each Consignment will be allocated an ACID number (19 digit unique reference number per consignment) New Zealand exporters will be required to provide importers with a Proforma Invoice to enable the ACID number to be allocated
- All export documents, including Bill of Lading, will require the ACID Number on them
- New Zealand exporters to upload their export documents into the Egypt Customs trade window NAFEZA via CARGO X. There is a cost for exporters per consignment
- Documents uploaded via CARGO X do not need to be legalised by the Egyptian Embassy
- Chambers of Commerce electronically issue Certificates of Origin, however associated export documents (Commercial Invoice etc) no longer required to be certified.
- Shipping Companies required to upload Bills of Lading with the ACID number
- A pilot has been conducted since April 2021 with refined procedures now released. Pilot extended until 30 September 2021.
- Full details on the new procedures: https://www.nafeza.gov.eg/en
- New Zealand exporters required to register on CARGO X - look for details under ‘ACI system’ on NAFEZA website
CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN
‘Shipment specific’ documents certifying the place of growth, production or manufacture of goods exported from New Zealand. They may be requested by a consignee for customs clearance, or as a stipulation of a Letter of Credit. New Zealand exporters commonly require:
- China – New Zealand Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (China – NZFTA)
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (AANZFTA)
- Form A – Non-specific Certificate of Preference
The new template supersedes and replaces the current Certificate of New Zealand origin, Certificate of Foreign Origin and Certificate of Multiple Origin.
ATA CARNET 'PASSPORT FOR GOODS'
This international customs document allows the temporary export and import of certain goods without payment of duties or taxes. It is useful when taking commercial samples, trade displays and professional equipment out of New Zealand for less than 12 months.
For full information and application CLICK HERE
NB: The sole issuing agency on behalf of NZ Chambers of Commerce is Wellington Employer’s Chamber of Commerce.
CERTIFICATES OF FREE SALE OR MANUFACTURE
These documents certify that goods intended for export are already sold freely and lawfully in New Zealand and/or manufactured in New Zealand.
We can authorise a variety of documents to satisfy requirements of an importing country, Customs or overseas bank eg: Commercial invoices, Certificates of Analysis, Supplier Declarations of Conformity or Special Certificates, including Force Majeure.