Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards 2017
Gala Event : Saturday 7th October 2017. Tickets will be available mid September.
Nominations & entries are now open.
Being nominated for the 2017 Westpac Rotorua Business Awards provides you and your business with:
- A chance for you to review your business practices
- A great team building exercise
- A chance to put your business in the spotlight with key local publicity
- Independent feedback from expert judges
- A useful benchmark of your progress and achievements against competitors and other sectors in
the local business environment
- Opportunities to network with other business leaders and professionals
- Reward and acknowledgement of the contribution made by employees in growing and developing
- A means of engendering pride in your business
- An opportunity to focus on your business, its core strengths and the competitive advantages that
make you a worthy candidate for business excellence
- Holland Beckett Lawyers : Manufacturing and Trade Business Award
- Deloitte : Service Provider Business Award
- Pukeroa Oruawhata Holdings Ltd : Retail Business Award
- Rotorua Daily Post : Hospitality and Attractions Business Award
- Rotorua Lakes Council : Emerging Business Award
- The Hits : Community Organisation Business Award
Finalists and winners also receive:
- Public recognition of outstanding business success and achievement
- Rights to use the 2017 Westpac Rotorua Excellence Business Awards logo for promotion and
- On-going promotional opportunities to demonstrate leadership and excellence
- An opportunity to celebrate their business’ many strengths and unique qualities
- For category winners, a prestigious trophy
Categories & Sponsors
Manufacturing and Trade Business AwardFor organisations whose main business is to
manufacture and/or distribute goods, and for
Service Provider Business AwardFor private sector organisations that are primarily
set up to provide services (rather than products) to
Retail Business AwardFor private sector businesses selling goods to end
users from permanent premises that are open for at
least 30 hours per week.
Emerging Young Leader of the YearTo recognise the rising star working in the Rotorua
Business Community, aged between 18 and 40.
They will be making a considerable contribution to
their organisation through leadership and innovation,
including extending their involvement
Hospitality and Attractions Business AwardFor organisations that are engaged in providing goods
and services in the hospitality or tourism sector.
Customer Service AwardTo recognise organisations that have developed
Emerging Business AwardFor private sector businesses that have been in
operation for less than two years.
Excellence in Sustainable Practices AwardTo recognise organisations who practice cultural,
environmental, social and economic bottom lines.
Young Entrepreneur of the Year AwardTo recognise year 11-13 students who have shown
an innovative approach to business, fundraising, or
Social Responsibility AwardTo recognise organisations which have made a strong
contribution back to our society and the environment.
Community Organisation Business AwardFor organisations outside the private sector including
not-for-profit, education, and local government.
Employee of the YearTo recognise that person within your organisation that
has walked that extra mile in meeting the needs of