Powerful Governance Workshop
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits are available for this programme.
Presented by: Orange Umbrella - Dr Peter Crow CMinstD and Heidi Borner MN, COHN(C), BN, RN
A large number of company directors and board members in New Zealand were appointed prior to the implementation of recent, significant, game-changing laws; laws that shift the culpability of corporate performance onto the shoulders of the executive and board both collectively and individually.
This means that every single member of the board and executive is legally responsible for each and every action the business takes or fails to take. Ignorance of the law and facts can no longer be a legitimate defence should things go wrong; you must know what is going on.
More than ever before, directors and managers must have at their fingertips timely, relevant and accurate information on all aspects of the business performance.
What seems a big ask, is eminently possible. We will explain not only how to reduce the personal risks of litigation but more importantly how these new laws can lift governance capacity and board effectiveness as never before.
Session 1—Governance fundamentals
· Terminology and key actors
· Role of board and duties of directors
· Performance–conformance dilemma
Session 2: Decision-making and value creation
· Board roles in strategy and strategic management
· The learning board; a framework for effective contributions
· Establishing a performance-oriented H&S system
Session 3: Monitoring and control
· Oversight of management and strategy implementation
· Maintaining a performance mindset
· Health and safety, a vehicle to drive performance
· Information requirements, especially leading indicators
Session 4: Process and operational matters
· Holding management to account
· Providing an account to shareholders
· Board composition, diversity and recruitment
Check out the training provider at: www.powerfulgovernance.com
Dr Peter Crow CMInstD
Peter is an experienced company director (notably of privately-held and high-growth companies) and an acknowledged expert on strategy, corporate governance and board effectiveness. He advises boards and directors internationally, undertakes board and governance research, and is a published author. www.petercrow.com
Heidi Borner MN, COHN(C), BN, RN
Heidi is a co-creator of the Orange Umbrella® tools which help employers diagnose and quantify the hidden risks in their organisation so they can proactively manage health and safety outcomes and lift performance. She coaches and mentors employers to proactively evaluate and reduce their health and safety risk. www.orangeumbrella.co